The Cerna™ 508.1 is a robust selective soldering system delivering the optimum balance between flexibility, throughput and large board size. The Cerno™ 508.1 has many unique features, including combined fluxing, preheating and soldering for easy integration into batch or in-line production.
- Integrated platform with combined fluxing, preheating and soldering ideally suited for batch or in-line selective soldering
- Choice of single or dual drop-jet fluxers and solder pots for either simultaneous parallel or independent double processing modes
- Parallel processing significantly increases machine throughput while double processing broadens soldering flexibility
- Full titanium solder pots compatible with all solder alloys plus easy tool-free maintenance
- Software control between different solder alloys without changing solder pots
With its flexible configuration, the Cerno™ 508.1 is a versatile selective soldering platform and can be equipped for either single, parallel or double processing. Use of a single drop-jet fluxer and solder pot allows soldering of printed circuit boards as large as 508 x 508 mm (20.0 x 20.0 in.).
Cerno™ 508.1S flux, preheat and solder configuration
When configured with dual drop-jet fluxers and dual solder pots, the Cerno™ 508.1 can be used in two different modes and is capable of processing up to 2 boards at one time. The parallel processing mode enables fluxing and soldering of two printed circuit boards at the same time doubling machine productivity.
Cerno™ 508.1PD flux, preheat and solder configuration
The double processing mode allows soldering with multiple size nozzles within the same program enhancing flexibility and increasing productivity. A single drop-jet fluxer and dual solder pots can be used in the double processing mode and is ideally suited for the use of two different solder alloys without requiring physical changing of solder pots.
With a reputation for innovation, comprehensive process solutions from Nordson SELECT ensure a maximum return on investment and low cost of ownership. From initial process development through full-scale production, you are supported by our experienced worldwide engineering, applications development and technical service network.
Z accuracy ±50 μm (0.002 in.)
Z repeatability (1): ±50 μm (0.002 in.), 3 sigma
Z velocity: 0.05 m/s peak (2 in./s)
X-Y accuracy ±50 μm (0.002 in.)
X-Y repeatability (1): ±50 μm (0.002 in.), 3 sigma
X-Y velocity: 0.2 m/s peak (8 in./s)
PC with Windows® operating system
PhotoScan “point-and-click” programming editor and
machine control software
Solder Pot Capacity and Weight
Capacity (2): Approx. 12.0 kg (26.4 lbs.)
Total weight of tin-lead solder together with solder pot and
pump assembly (2): Approx. 22.4 kg (49.2 lbs.)
Total weight of lead-free solder together with solder pot
and pump assembly (2): Approx. 19.7 kg (43.3 lbs.)
Solderable Area (X-Y)
Single, parallel or double operating mode (3, 4):
Max. 508 x 508 mm (20.0 x 20.0 in.)
Min. 50 x 50 mm (2.0 x 2.0 in.)
Board Handling Capability
Max. board size: 508 x 508 mm (20.0 x 20.0 in.)
Min. board size: 50 x 50 mm (2.0 x 2.0 in.)
Max. board/carrier length: 508 mm (20.0 in.)
Min. board/carrier length: 50 mm (2.0 in.)
Max. board/carrier width: 508 mm (20.0 in.)
Min. board/carrier width (4): 50 mm (2.0 in.)
Max. board/carrier thickness: 15.2 mm (0.6 in.)
Max. overboard clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in.)
Max. underboard clearance: 40 mm (1.5 in.)
Edge clearance (5): 3 mm (0.12 in.), edge conveyor
including on-rail clamps
Transport height: Conforms to SMEMA standard
for conveyor height; height
adjustable from 940-965 mm
(37.0 – 38.0 in.) from floor to
bottom of board
Load capacity (6): 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs.)
Operation modes: Automatic (SMEMA), manual or
System footprint: 1700 x 1700 mm (66.9 x 66.9 in.)
Compressed air: 6 bar min., 8 bar max.
Power (mains) (7): Power supply accommodates 3 phase,
400VAC, 50-60 Hz, 2-12 kW, 9-20 A
Nitrogen: 99.99% (4.0) pure, 4-6 bar, 1.3 m³/hour
(single pot), 2.6 m³/hour (dual pot)
Ventilation: Rear 150 m³/hour, 100 mm (4.0 in.) dia. duct
System weight (8, 9): 850 kg (1870 lbs.)
(1) Repeatability is measured at full rated system speed.
(2) Solder capacity and total weight of solder pot and
pump assembly varies depending on solder alloy.
(3) Board size is reduced when operating in parallel or
(4) Contact factory regarding smaller or larger
(5) Edge conveyor conforms to SMEMA standards.
(6) Total weight of all parts on conveyor at any one time.
Contact factory regarding requirements for greater
(7) Electrical power varies depending on configuration.
(8) System weight varies depending on configuration.
(9) Configuration dependent. Other configurations may
be available. Contact Nordson SELECT.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and other countries.